More than a master’s program …
our students are the future of geriatric patient care. At UF Aging Online, our mission is to create a workforce that will better care for the older adult population.
Online Graduate Programs in Gerontology
Did you know that in 1920, only one out of every 20 people was 65 or older? That number has increased exponentially in the past 100 years. In 2020, one in six people in the U.S. were age 65 and older, for a total of 55.8 million older adults: a whopping 16.8% of the population. By the year 2034, that number is projected to reach 77 million.
With the number of older adults increasing each year, there’s also a growing need for gerontologists and geriatricians to help ensure their well-being. So, whether you used to enjoy volunteering at your grandmother’s nursing home, you recently found a passion for advocating for the elderly or you simply want career stability and the potential for advancement in your current role, the University of Florida offers multiple graduate credentials with a focus on aging:
- Master of Science in Medical Sciences with a concentration in Gerontology
- Master of Science in Medical Sciences with a concentration in Medical Physiology and Aging
- Graduate Certificate in Aging and Geriatric Practice
With a gerontology graduate credential from UF, you’ll:
- Gain expertise in aging.
- Develop a diverse skillset that’s useful in multiple settings.
- Open the doors to a range of career opportunities in an industry that has increasing demand for dedicated workers.
- Make a positive impact on the lives of your patients.
Benefits of UF’s Online Gerontology Programs
In addition to adding an impressive credential to your resume from one of U.S. News’ top 50 universities and expanding your potential job opportunities in the medical field, here are some of the benefits you can expect as a virtual Gator:
- Interactive, asynchronous courses taught by leading doctors and researchers
- Flexible schedules tailored for working professionals
- Continually updated curriculum to reflect the latest research
- No clinical experience requirement
- No GRE requirement
Connect with us
Fill out the form below to receive more information about UF’s online graduate programs in gerontology.
As you age, the days of forgetting to take your multivitamins become less frequent. In their place are a half-dozen medications that aren’t nearly…
Discover ways you can inspire the aging population to pursue their dreams and become successful older entrepreneurs no matter their age.
From a need for mental health care workers to aging in place, discover the biggest trends in aging in 2024.