Join us for the 21st national Our Community, Our Health town hall on January 22nd to discuss the potential for intermittent fasting, “keto” diets and physical activity to optimize well-being and longevity.
This event will be live-streamed and online audiences can submit questions through the live stream website or via Twitter using the hashtag #OCOH.
Those in attendance at HealthStreet can join a reception with refreshments from 5:30-6 p.m. followed by the discussion from 6-7 p.m. Please RSVP at www.bit.ly/HealthyAgingRSVP for catering purposes.
This interactive town hall will:
- Describe current research on exercise and nutritional interventions for healthy aging.
- Evaluate the potential for intermittent fasting, “keto” diets, and physical activity to optimize well-being and longevity.
- Discuss ways to enhance motivation in order to reach long-term health goals.
Meet the Panel:
- Marco Pahor, M.D., director of the UF Institute on Aging and founding chair of the UF College of Medicine’s department of aging and geriatric research
- Stephen Anton, Ph.D., division chief of clinical research in the UF College of Medicine’s department of aging and geriatric research
- Betty Flagg, administrator of community outreach and healthy aging at Elder Options
- Kieran Reid, Ph.D., M.P.H., Scientist II in the nutrition, exercise physiology, and sarcopenia lab at the Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University
Date, Time, RSVP:
- Time: Local reception begins at 5:30 p.m. EDT, town hall 6-7 p.m. EST
- Location: HealthStreet, 2401 SW Archer Road, Gainesville, FL 32608
- RSVP: bit.ly/HealthyAgingRSVP
- For more information, visit MyHealthStreet.org