Mandatory Department Application
Contact us if you are interested in taking courses as a non-degree student prior to acceptance.
Complete the UF Certificate application form.
*If you get an error message that you need to apply as a current student, follow the instructions to do so.
When completing and submitting the application, please note:
- Provide all of the requested personal information.
- If you already have a UFID, please provide it. If you do not, leave that section blank, as you will be issued a UFID.
You must enter your surname and given name in the Passport Name section—even if you do not have a passport.
If you reside in the United States, you must provide a copy of your Permanent Resident Card or Visa to the Office of Admissions.
- Under “Certificate,” select the following:
- Level: Graduate (There is also a professional level of this certificate. It is very important that you select “Graduate.”)
- College: MEDICINE
- Select “AGING AND GERIATRIC PRACTICE” from the list of certificates.
- Enter all of the colleges or universities that you have attended.
- Upload your resume and unofficial transcripts. Our department will not receive your application until your transcripts are received (either official or unofficial). Please note: You will not be admitted until your official transcripts are received.
- Enter your residency information. The residency of our students has no bearing on tuition cost for our program, but this information is required by the University of Florida.
- If you are a non-Florida resident, select “Save” to continue to the Non-Florida resident certification page. On the Non-Florida Resident page, select “I am not a resident of the state of Florida for tuition purposes.”
- If you are a Florida resident, fully complete the Residency Information section, including the numbers and original issue dates for two of these three identifying documents:
- Driver’s license
- Vehicle registration
- Voter registration
- Add @ufl.edu to your safe list on your email account. If you receive any emails from UF regarding your application, you must respond
- Pay the $30 application fee.
Request original official transcripts in individually sealed envelopes from every school you have attended since high school. Official transcripts must be sent to the address below:
University of Florida
Office of Admissions
201 Criser Hall – PO Box 114000
Gainesville, Fl. 32611-4000
Former UF students who have not attended any school after UF do not need to request transcripts. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if this applies to you.
Note: If you are not in the Gainesville area, you can disregard the email you will receive about immunization requirements. You will be exempt from having to provide proof of immunization.
Certificate Application Completion Notification
Please fill out the form below to confirm you have completed all of the steps in the application process.