Mandatory Department Application
Contact us if you are interested in taking courses as a non-degree student prior to acceptance.
Complete the UF Graduate ApplicationWhen completing and submitting the application, please note the following important information for each section of the application:
- Keep the username and password that you create in order to log in and edit your application before submission.
Submitting the Online ApplicationPersonal Information
- Provide all of the requested Personal Information.
- International Applicants:
- You must enter your Surname and Given name in the Passport Name section even if you do not have a passport.
- If you are a permanent resident alien and/or reside in the United States, you must provide your resident alien number and upload a copy of your permanent resident alien card directly to the application.
- Accurately answer and report all information in the Conduct Disclosure section.
Application Information & Program of StudyFollow the instructions below to make the correct selections for the degree you are applying for:
- In the Location dropdown, select Distance Education.
- In the Program of Study section, click or search College of Medicine. From the expanded selection, choose:
- Medical Sciences
- Choose the term you are applying for from the dropdown. Applicants applying for Summer admission must select Summer A/C.
- Review your selection in the Program Display and verify that it is correct before moving to the next application step. If you need to amend your selection, choose Re-Select Program.
- Fill out the Additional Information section with the following:
- Under Concentration, choose the dropdown option Gerontology
- Leave the Program Specialization field blank
- In the Department Contact Name field, type blank
- Report your Undergraduate Major.
- Enter all of the colleges or universities you have attended. Accurately report the degree, and degree date, you earned.
- Upload your unofficial transcripts for each school, if you have them.
- Note that your application will not be reviewed for an admission decision until your official transcripts are received (instructions for sending official transcripts are on Step Three).
- The upper-division GPA must be reported on the UF Graduate Application. Use the instructions on the application, and this worksheet, to calculate and accurately report your upper-division GPA.
- Report past and/or planned activities in this section, including pertinent work experience.
- The GRE is required for all applicants and should be selected on this page with the exception of applicants that hold a graduate or professional degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution.
- International applicants that are required to provide English proficiency test scores, should select the test that they have, or plan to, take to meet this requirement.
- A statement of purpose and Resume/CV are required. Either upload these materials to your application or email them to email@example.com
- Two Letters of recommendation are required. Either upload these materials to your application or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enter your residency information. The residency of our students has no bearing on tuition cost for our program, but this information is required by the University of Florida.
- If you are a non-Florida resident, check the appropriate box.
- If you are a Florida resident, fully complete the Residency Information section, including the numbers and original issue dates for two of the following three identifying documents.
Documents may be directly uploaded to the application:
- Driver's License
- Vehicle Registration
- Voter Registration
- The $35 application fee must be paid with the submission of the online application in order for the application to be submitted.
- Add @ufl.edu to your ‘safe list’ on your email account. If you receive any emails from UF regarding your application, you must respond.
Test Score Information
Additional Questions (Statement of Purpose & Resume/CV)
Letters of Recommendation
The GRE Requirement: For All (Domestic and International) Applicants
We only require the verbal and quantitative sections of the GRE to be taken and reported.
- Once you have taken the GRE, the scores take 6 weeks to be processed within the Office of Admissions. Please take this into account when you schedule your GRE. We recommend taking the exam no later than the term application deadline you want to apply for.
- If you have earned a graduate or professional degree from an accredited university in the United States, you are exempt from this requirement and do not need to submit GRE scores.
- If you are earning a graduate level degree but will not have it completed by the application deadline for the term you applied for, you are not exempt from the GRE.
- GRE scores remain active for 5 years. If you have not taken the GRE within this 5-year time limit, you must retake it.
Sending GRE scores to the University of Florida
You must have ETS (Educational Testing Service) send their official GRE test scores directly to the UF Office of Admissions at code 5812. Only official, sealed scores, direct from ETS (Education Testing Service), are acceptable. Self-reported scores, unsealed copies of score reports, or photocopies of score reports cannot be accepted as official final documents.
The GRE and Your Application
The overall GRE score is taken into account—along with other factors, such as undergraduate GPA, grades from other graduate courses, and experience.
English Language Skill Requirements for Admission: International Applicants Only
If your native language is not English or if you graduated with a bachelor’s degree from a non-English speaking country, you will need to take and submit your TOEFL(Test of English as a Foreign Language) or other Graduate Council-approved English language skills test scores.
Non-English speaking countries are those which are not included in the graduate school’s list of English speaking countries.
Sending TOEFL or English Language Test Scores to the University of Florida
You must have ETS (Educational Testing Service) send their official TOEFL test scores directly to the UF Office of Admissions at code 5812.
Only official, sealed scores, direct from ETS (Education Testing Service), are acceptable. Self-reported scores, unsealed copies of score reports or photocopies of score reports cannot be accepted as official final documents.
Minimum Scores Required
To be considered for the master’s degree, you must score the following on the TOEFL:
|TOEFL Exam Type||Required Score|
All students must have official, sealed transcripts sent to the Office of Admissions as a portion of the application materials. The transcripts should correlate to the schools listed on your application (Step 2).
Former UF students who have not attended any school after UF do not need to request transcripts. Email email@example.com if this applies to you.
If you are not finished with your bachelor’s degree yet, please send a transcript with the finalized degree showing it was earned. Receipt of this transcript must be received and processed before a decision can be made on the application.
Requesting Transcripts: Domestic Applicants Only
If either your bachelor’s or graduate degree(s) were earned in the United States, please see the transcript requirement below.
Request official original transcripts in individually sealed envelopes from every school you have attended since high school be sent to :
University of Florida
Office of Admission
201 Criser Hall
Gainesville, FL 32611-4000
Transcript/Mark Sheet and Diploma/Degree Certificate: International Applicants
If either your bachelor’s or graduate degree(s) were earned outside of the United States, please see the transcript and diploma requirement below.
Graduate applicants must submit an official, original document in the native language of each transcript/mark sheetand diploma/degree certificate from each university or college attended. If the native language for the documents is not English, certified, literal (exact) English translations are required. The English translation may come from your university or may be completed by a certified translator.
Your transcript/mark sheet and diploma/degree certificate with English translations (if required) should be assembled by you and sent to the address below in one package. If you would like your transcript/mark sheet and diploma/degree certificate returned to you, you must provide a return shipping label and return packaging in the package that you send.
Packages must be sent to:
Attn: Teresa Richardson
University of Florida College of Medicine
Department of Aging and Geriatric Research
2004 Mowry Rd
Gainesville, Florida 32610
*We must have your original diploma verifying that the degrees reported were earned. We keep the diploma locked and safe until after your application materials are processed and an application decision can be made. Once a decision is made, we will send your diploma back to you via the label and packaging that you provide. While the University of Florida handles all documents with care, we are not responsible for documents that are lost or damaged in the mail.
Note: If you are not in the Gainesville area, you can disregard the email you will receive about immunization requirements. You will be exempt from having to provide proof of immunization.
Master’s Degree Application Completion Notification
Please fill out the form below to confirm you have completed all of the steps in the application process.