Mandatory Department Application
Contact us if you are interested in taking courses as a non-degree student prior to acceptance.
Complete the UF Graduate Certificate ApplicationWhen completing and submitting the application, please note the following important information for each section of the application:
- Keep the username and password that you create in order to log in and edit your application before submission.
Submitting the Online ApplicationPersonal Information
- Provide all of the requested Personal Information.
- International Applicants:
- You must enter your Surname and Given name in the Passport Name section even if you do not have a passport.
- If you are a permanent resident alien and/or reside in the United States, you must provide your resident alien number and upload a copy of your permanent resident alien card directly to the application.
- Accurately answer and report all information in the Conduct Disclosure section.
Application Information & Certificate ProgramUnder Application Information, you will be asked to select the Application Type and Certificate Program. Follow the instructions below to make the correct selections for the certificate you are applying for:
- In the Certificate Level dropdown select Graduate.
- In the Certificate Program section, click or search Medicine. From the expanded selection, choose:
- Aging and Geriatric Practice
- Choose the term you are applying for from the dropdown. Applicants applying for Summer admission must select Summer A/C.
- Report your Undergraduate Major.
- Enter all of the colleges or universities you have attended. Accurately report the degree, and degree date, you earned.
- Upload your unofficial transcripts for each school, if you have them.
- Note that your application will not be reviewed for an admission decision until your official transcripts are received (instructions for sending official transcripts are on Step Three).
- Report past and/or planned activities in this section, including pertinent work experience.
- Enter your residency information. The residency of our students has no bearing on tuition cost for our program, but this information is required by the University of Florida.
- If you are a non-Florida resident, check the appropriate box.
- If you are a Florida resident, fully complete the Residency Information section, including the numbers and original issue dates for two of the following three identifying documents. Documents may be directly uploaded to the application:
- Driver's License
- Vehicle Registration
- Voter Registration
- The $35 application fee must be paid with the submission of the online application in order for the application to be submitted.
- Add @ufl.edu to your ‘safe list’ on your email account. If you receive any emails from UF regarding your application, you must respond.
*If you are a current master's student, apply here.
Request original official transcripts in individually sealed envelopes from every school you have attended since high school. Official transcripts must be sent to the address below:
University of Florida
Office of Admissions
201 Criser Hall – PO Box 114000
Gainesville, Fl. 32611-4000
Former UF students who have not attended any school after UF do not need to request transcripts. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if this applies to you.
Note: If you are not in the Gainesville area, you can disregard the email you will receive about immunization requirements. You will be exempt from having to provide proof of immunization.
Certificate Application Completion Notification
Please fill out the form below to confirm you have completed all of the steps in the application process.