Complete the UF Graduate Certificate Application
When completing and submitting the application, please note the following important information for each section of the application:
- Go to the Graduate Application.
- Keep the username and password that you create in order to log in and edit your application before submission.
Submitting the Online Application
- Provide all of the requested Personal Information:
- International Applicants:
- You must enter your Surname and Given name in the Passport Name section even if you do not have a passport.
- If you are a permanent resident alien and/or reside in the United States, you must provide your resident alien number and upload a copy of your permanent resident alien card directly to the application.
- Accurately answer and report all information in the Conduct Disclosure section.
Application Information & Program of Study
Follow the instructions below to make the correct selections for the certificate you are applying for:
- In the Certificate Level dropdown, select Graduate.
- In the Certificate Program section, click or search Medicine. From the expanded selection, choose Aging and Geriatric Practice.
- Choose the term you are applying for from the dropdown.
- Review your selection in the Program Display and verify that it is correct before moving to the next application step. If you need to amend your selection, choose Re-Select Program.
- Report your undergraduate major.
- Enter all of the colleges or universities you have attended. Accurately report both the degree you earned and the date it was earned.
- Upload your unofficial transcripts for each school, if you have them.
- Note that your application will not be reviewed for an admission decision until your official transcripts are received (instructions for sending official transcripts are on Step Three of the Graduate Certificate Apply page).
- Report past and/or planned activities in this section, including pertinent work experience.
Additional Questions (Resume/CV)
- A resume/CV is required and should be uploaded to the application.
- Enter your residency information. The residency of our students has no bearing on tuition cost for our program, but this information is required by the University of Florida.
- If you are a non-Florida resident, check the appropriate box.
- If you are a Florida resident, fully complete the Residency Information section, including the numbers and original issue dates for two of the following three identifying documents. Documents may be directly uploaded to the application:
- Driver’s License
- Vehicle Registration
- Voter Registration
- The $30 application fee must be paid with the submission of the online application in order for the application to be submitted.
Admission Processing Time
Admissions to this program works on a rolling admissions basis, so there is no set date by which applicants are notified of their acceptance. Processing time depends in part upon the volume of applications that are being processed at any given point during the application intake cycle. Applications submitted for any semester other than the current intake period (e.g., spring, summer and fall) are not usually reviewed until the semester prior as high numbers of applications require that those for the upcoming semester are prioritized over those applying further in advance. For example, a student applying for a fall semester that begins in August would be reviewed the previous May/June at the earliest.
- Add @ufl.edu to your email account’s ‘safe list.’ If you receive any emails from UF regarding your application, you must respond.
*If you are a current master’s degree student, apply for the graduate certificate program here.