Complete the UF Master’s Degree Application
When completing and submitting the application, please note the following important information for each section of the application:
- Go to the Graduate Application.
- Keep the username and password that you create in order to log in and edit your application before submission.
Submitting the Online Application
- Provide all of the requested Personal Information:
- International Applicants:
- You must enter your Surname and Given name in the Passport Name section even if you do not have a passport.
- If you are a permanent resident alien and/or reside in the United States, you must provide your resident alien number and upload a copy of your permanent resident alien card directly to the application.
- Accurately answer and report all information in the Conduct Disclosure section.
Application Information & Program of Study
Follow the instructions below to make the correct selections for the degree you are applying for:
- In the Location of Intended Program dropdown, select Distance Education.
- In the Program of Study section, click or search College of Medicine. From the expanded selection, choose Medical Sciences.
- Choose the term you are applying for from the dropdown.
- Review your selection in the Program Display and verify that it is correct before moving to the next application step. If you need to amend your selection, choose Re-Select Program.
- Fill out the Additional Information section with the following:
- Under Concentration, choose the dropdown option Gerontology.
- In the Department Contact Name field, type blank.
- Report your undergraduate major.
- Enter all of the colleges or universities you have attended. Accurately report both the degree you earned and the date it was earned.
- Upload your unofficial transcripts for each school, if you have them.
- Note that your application will not be reviewed for an admission decision until your official transcripts are received (instructions for sending official transcripts are on the Step Three tab on this page).
- The upper-division GPA must be reported on the UF Graduate Application.
- Report past and/or planned activities in this section, including pertinent work experience.
English Proficiency Test Score Information
- International applicants that are required to provide English proficiency test scores should select the test that they have taken, or plan to take, to meet this requirement.
Additional Questions (Statement of Purpose & Resume/CV)
- A statement of purpose and resume/CV are required and should be uploaded to the application.
- Pursuant to Florida Statute, your application requires inclusion of all post-high school education and employment, as well as information about ongoing international affiliations and research funding. Please ensure this information is included on your curriculum vitae (CV) or résumé.
Letters of Recommendation
- Two letters of recommendation are required and should be uploaded to the application.
- Enter your residency information. The residency of our students has no bearing on tuition cost for our program, but this information is required by the University of Florida.
- If you are a non-Florida resident, check the appropriate box.
- If you are a Florida resident, fully complete the Residency Information section, including the numbers and original issue dates for two of the following three identifying documents. Documents may be directly uploaded to the application:
- Driver’s License
- Vehicle Registration
- Voter Registration
- The $30 application fee must be paid with the submission of the online application in order for the application to be submitted.
- Add @ufl.edu to your email account’s ‘safe list.’ If you receive any emails from UF regarding your application, you must respond.