Complete the Non Degree Application
The non-degree application can be found here. When completing and submitting the application, please note:
- Choose the year you are interested in attending.
- Choose “(year) Non-degree Application.”
- Click “Open Application” to begin applying.
- Select Non-Degree Special Program.
- DO NOT select Individual Course! Doing so will require you to complete a new application.
- Select College of Medicine and your desired term.
- Please provide the reason you are applying as a non-degree seeking student. (For example: to earn a certificate, to begin taking courses before being formally admitted, etc.).
- Select Aging and Geriatric Practice Non-Degree.
- Course information must be entered on the application but is not required for our program. Please enter n/a in the first prefix and number (both) fields.
- Enter your residency information. The residency of our students has no bearing on tuition cost for our program, but this information is required by the University of Florida.
- If you are a non-Florida resident, check the appropriate box.
- If you are a Florida resident, fully complete the “Residency Information” section, including the numbers and original issue dates for two of these three identifying documents:
- Driver’s License
- Vehicle Registration
- Voter Registration
- Add @ufl.edu to your email account’s ‘safe list.’ If you receive any emails from UF regarding your application, you must respond.
*You must submit this application again if you wish to take courses in subsequent semesters.
Admission Processing Time
Admissions to this program works on a rolling admissions basis, so there is no set date by which applicants are notified of their acceptance. Processing time depends in part upon the volume of applications that are being processed at any given point during the application intake cycle. Applications submitted for any semester other than the current intake period (e.g., spring, summer and fall) are not usually reviewed until the semester prior as high numbers of applications require that those for the upcoming semester are prioritized over those applying further in advance. For example, a student applying for a fall semester that begins in August would be reviewed the previous May/June at the earliest.
The English Language Skill Requirement
If your native language is not English, or if you graduated with a bachelor’s degree from a non-English speaking country, you will need to take and submit your Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score or other English language skills test scores approved by the Graduate Council.
Non-English-speaking countries are those which are not included in the Graduate School’s list of countries exempt from English proficiency testing.
Having the TOEFL or English Language Test sent to the University of Florida
Non-degree applicants who are required to take the TOEFL must send a scan or photocopy of their TOEFL score report directly to email@example.com.
If you apply to our certificate or master’s degree program after taking non-degree coursework, we must have official TOEFL scores sent. Only official, sealed scores sent directly from ETS to the UF Office of Admissions are acceptable. Self-reported scores, unsealed copies of score reports or photocopies of score reports cannot be accepted as official final documents when applying to the certificate or master’s degree. There is no exception.
Minimum TOEFL Scores Required
|toefl exam type||required score|