IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR GRADUATING STUDENTS
Please read this ENTIRE page and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Failure to do so could result in not graduating or not receiving a diploma.
Applying to Graduate: In order to graduate students MUST apply to graduate in Student Self Service by the deadline posted in critical dates.
Graduate Degree Application Instructions
- Click on the link to submit a graduation application in Student Self Service.
- Click on “My Record” on the left side of the page and click on “degree application” and provide the requested information. Select “Master of Science.”
Qualifying to Graduate: In order to graduate, students must meet the following conditions:
- Completion of all required courses and necessary electives
- Only courses completed with a grade of C or higher can be counted towards a degree or certificate
- An overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- A major GPA of 3.0 or higher
- If a student has an Incomplete in any course, please contact the instructor immediately to ensure completion of the coursework on time.
If students are unsure they meet the above qualifications, email email@example.com.
Settle all Outstanding Charges with UF: Satisfy all financial obligations (fines, tickets, fees, etc.) with the University Bursar. Final grades, transcripts and diploma will not be released until all debts are paid. All emergency or short-term loans from the College and University must also be paid before graduation. Students can view and pay any current charges due on Student Self Service , under “University Bursar.”
Complete Financial Aid Exit Interview: If you received financial aid, you will need to complete an exit interview. Final grades, transcripts, and diploma will not be released until this is done.
- Go to Student Self Service .
- Click on “Financial Services” from the Online Services menu on the left.
- Click on “Exit Counseling Student Loan.”
Student who have forgotten their pin should call Loan Services at 352-392-0737.
Commencement Ceremony: Check the Registrar’s website for important information regarding the commencement ceremony including the schedule, information for graduates, information for guests, and more. Students do not have to attend the graduation ceremony in order to graduate.
Graduates attending commencement need to order and pick up their caps, gowns, and hoods from the University of Florida Visitor Center/bookstore. Information regarding cap, gown, and hood rental can be found here.
- When picking up regalia from the bookstore, students should make sure they receive a gown, cap, tassel, and hood.
- Please return the gown and hood to the bookstore at the UF Welcome Center after graduation. The cap and tassel are for the student to keep. Do not leave the gown or hood on a chair or table somewhere without checking it in. Failure to turn in the gown or hood will result in the withholding of the diploma and transcripts by the University.
Diplomas: Diplomas will not be handed out at graduation. The Office of the University Registrar will mail diplomas to the student’s permanent address on file with the University of Florida approximately eight to ten weeks after graduation. Diplomas measure 11 ¾” high by 16” wide
Students should ensure that their permanent address is correct in the UF Directory by following these steps:
- Log into myufl https://my.ufl.edu/
- Under the main menu, select “My Account.”
- Select “Update Directory Information.”
Announcements: Graduation Announcements can be purchased from Herff Jones.